The main research questions are:
- Can we detect different classes within the data?
- Are there clear trends in space and time, and can we model them?
The student is expected to
- perform exploratory data analysis on the data,
- investigate the use of dimensionality reduction and clustering techniques to
delineate different classes in the data,
- quantify the trends in space and time, potentially involving regression,
spatial statistics and time series analyses
Previous experience with R is highly recommended.