Post-docs are employed by SCK•CEN for a period of 2 years.
> Available post-doctoral research topics
How to apply ?
- View the practical guidelines.
- Before applying, it is compulsory that you first contact the SCK•CEN mentor for further information.
- Applications can only be made online, by using website (click on the “apply here” button indicated at the bottom of with each topic). Any other form of application (electronic or written) will be rejected.
- The online application form must be filled in as completely and accurately as possible and needs to be accompanied by two reference letters (template reference letter referee) from key scientific persons. Please note that only applications where all required documents and information are received before the deadline (see below) will be considered. The submission deadline for applications is strict and is mentioned in the section "timing" (see below).
- Citizens of States that have not signed/ratified the Non Proliferation Treaty are excluded from R&D topics related to the nuclear fuel.
- The application form will be evaluated by the SCK•CEN's Scientific Council. When judged positive, you will be invited to give an oral presentation on the research topic at SCK•CEN in Mol, Belgium. The various dates for these oral presentations have already been fixed and can be found in the section “timing”. SCK•CEN does not reimburse travel or accommodation costs incurred in order to attend the oral presentation. We do offer a webconferencing system for foreign applicants who have difficulties in travelling to Mol.
- The final decision about your application will be taken after the oral presentation.
Submission of application files: March 27, 2018
Invitation for oral interview: April 30, 2018
Oral interview: May 22 and 23, 2018
Starting date at SCK•CEN: as soon as possible after approval of the candidacy.