Upon completion of this training course, the participant will be able to:
- demonstrate advanced knowledge on the general classification of nuclear waste and the basic principles of radioactive waste management;
- translate these basic principles of radioactive waste management into good practices;
- demonstrate knowledge on the interrelations of the different actors in the nuclear field related to this waste management (nuclear regulator, waste management organization);
- demonstrate knowledge on radioactive waste characterization and conditioning techniques;
- demonstrate the understanding of the Belgian case: the acceptation and accreditation system of NIRAS/ONDRAF.