Next to training courses tailored to the needs of the customer, the SCK•CEN Academy organizes ‘open courses’ on a regular basis in several themes. These training courses have a fixed programme and are open for individual registrations.
- 5-day training course in radiation protection
For students or professionals working with radioactive materials or managing nuclear activities and requiring insight in fundamental and practical aspects of radiological protection.
- Basic training course for radiation protection officers (RPO) class II and III
For professionals who work with devices emitting ionising radiation and/or radioactive sources and who will be likely be appointed as radiation protection officers (RPO) within a licensed undertaking of class II or III.
- Information and training in radiation protection for radiation workers
For workers who are possibly exposed to ionizing radiation in their professional environment, according to Article 25 of the Royal Decree of 20 July 2001.
- Preparedness and response for nuclear and radiological emergencies
For technical and radiological advisors, staff responsible for the overall emergency organisation and policy, such as civil protection officers and environmental protection officers, either entering the domain or being interested in refreshing the basics and getting acquainted with latest developments in the field.
Decommissioning and decontamination
- Decommissioning of nuclear installations
For all stakeholders such as regulators, plant managers and operators, health physicists, technical service organisations already involved by decommissioning operations or planning such operations in the coming months of years.
Waste and disposal
- Radioactive waste disposal
For scholars and professionals in radioactive waste disposal who need a comprehensive overview of the different aspects involved in the stepwise implementation of a radioactive waste disposal facility.
- Radioactive waste management
For scholars and professionals in radioactive waste management.
Radiation biology, -ecology, microbiology
- Radiation-induced effects with particular emphasis on genetics, development, teratology, cognition as well as space-related health issues
For postgraduate students and researchers interested in radiation research.