During the Topical Day, the following topics will be treated:
- Life and dead bacteria (and algae) as biosorbents of heavy metals and radionuclides;
- Biofouling of SNF reservoirs and other water systems of nuclear installations;
- Microbial diversity studies of radiation-intensive environments;
- Metagenomic and bioinformatic approaches in microbial ecology;
- Microbial resistance to ionizing radiation;
- Microbial survival in pristine waters;
- Novel microbes isolated from nuclear installations: applications and fundamental research.